ALKA-SELTZER ORIGINAL ASPIRIN 10
Simply spend £50 to receive our award-winning delivery service.
FREE LONDON DELIVERY FOR OVER £50
For orders over £50, we offer free delivery. For order values under £50, we offer delivery for only £2.99.
We now offer immediate London delivery for selected products and postcodes. If your basket is eligible, this option will appear on the checkout page.
You can choose either immediate (within the hour!) or a delivery window.
Even better than being quick, this London delivery service is also emission-free.
EC1A, EC1M, EC1N, EC1P, EC1R, EC1V, EC1Y, EC2A, EC2M, EC2N, EC2P, EC2R, EC2V, EC2Y, EC3A, EC3M, EC3N, EC3P, EC3R, EC3V, EC4A, EC4M, EC4N, EC4R, EC4V, EC4Y, WC1A, WC1B, WC1E, WC1H, WC1N, WC1R, WC1V, WC1X, WC2A, WC2B, WC2E, WC2H, WC2N, WC2R, E1, E2, E3, E8, E9, E14, N1, N4, N5, N7, N16, N19, NW1, NW3, NW5, NW6, NW8, SE1, SE4, SE5, SE8, SE10, SE11, SE13, SE14, SE15, SE16, SE17, SE19, SE21, SE22, SE23, SE24, SE26, SE27, SW1, SW2, SW3, SW4, SW5, SW6, SW7, SW8, SW9, SW10, SW11, SW12, SW13, SW15, SW16, SW17, SW18, W1, W2, W8, W9, W10, W11, W12, W14
Alka-Seltzer Original tablets for fast and effective relief of mild to moderate pain including headache, migraine, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat, period pains, aches and pains.
Symptomatic relief of sprains, strains, rheumatic pain, sciatica, lumbago, fibrositis, muscular aches and pains, joint swelling and stiffness.
Symptomatic relief of influenza, feverishness, feverish colds.
Adults and Children age 16 years and over. Age Restriction. You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product.
Alka-Seltzer must always be dissolved in a glass of water prior to oral administration.
Adults, elderly and children aged 16 years and over: 2 tablets in water. The dose may be repeated every 4 hours, as required, with a maximum of 4 dosages in 24 hours.
These dosages should not be continued for more than three days without consulting a physician. The stated dose must not be exceeded.
Do not give to children under 16 years, unless specifically indicated (e.g. for Kawasaki's disease).
Hazards and Cautions
Before using this product:
Do not take Alka Seltzer if you:
- are allergic to aspirin, sodium hydrogen carbonate, citric acid or to any other ingredients.
- are allergic to any other pain relieving or anti-inflammatory medicines (e.e NSAIDS or salicylates).
- have, or have had, a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- have a disorder which causes excessive bleeding such as haemophilia.
- are pregnant or breast feeding.
- have severe heart, kidney or live problems.
- have asthma that is worsened by aspirin or any other NSAID.
Avoid if you are on a high dose of methotrexate, 15mg per week.
Speak to your doctor before taking Alka Seltzer if you:
- suffer from Asthma, nasal polyps, hayfever or allergies.
- have low uric acid excretion, which is commonly associated with gout.
- have a history of gastrointestinal disorders.
- have kidney or liver problems.
- have problems with your circulation.
- are about to have surgery.
- are elderly.
Use in children:
Aspirin has also been associated with increased risk of Reye's Syndrome when given to children with a fever. For this reason the use of aspirin is not recommended in children under 16 years of age.
You should ask your doctor before taking aspirin if you are taking any other medicines including those for blood clots (thrombosis) such as warfarin or gout such as probenecid.
If you are unsure please check with your doctor, always read the label.
Do not store above 25°C
Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Each effervescent tablet contains: Aspirin 324mg, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 1744mg, Citric Acid 965mg per tablet.
Active ingredients: Aspirin 324mg, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate 1744mg, Citric Acid 965mg per tablet.
Other ingredients: Povidone, Dimeticone, Calcium silicate, Docusate sodium benzoate (E211), Sodium saccharin, natural and artificial Lemon flavour, and natural Lime flavour.